Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Official

Today, I finally got around to actually signing up for NaNoWriMo.  Clicking on the NaNoWriMo badge on the right will take you to my profile page.  I know, procrastination is my middle name.  I just didn't really see the point in signing up early.  Now I do and, if I participate again next year, I will definitely sign up earlier.  One perk to signing up early is getting to know the local NaNoWriMo community.  Turns out that there are groups across the globe that get together to support each other.  I'm in the Northern Virginia group.  Northern Virginia is generally considered the Virginia section of the Washington, D.C. infrastructure.  I did not sign up early enough to participate in most of the outline parties available, however I am looking forward to the Kick-Off party this weekend!

Just because I haven't participated in an outline party doesn't mean I haven't done any thinking about my novel, though I would be hard pressed to call what I've done outlining.  My instructors from school would have laughed themselves sick if I had tried to turn this in as an outline.  Yep, that scribble with bubbles, arrows, and squiggles is what is passing for my outline.  In case the big circled "Spacestation" on the outline didn't give it away, my story is going to be science fiction.  I have no clue how much of what is on that page is actually going to go into my story, but that's the fun part!  I may spend some more of the waiting period fleshing out my mental image of some of the characters.  I'm so excited I can hardly wait for November to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment